In an effort to help me be not only motivated, but organized enough to blog everyday, I have decided to add another weekly column, if you will, to the blog. Thursdays, you may have noticed, have become the Cookbook Showdown Days. It's nice to have a schedule I think, for me and for you too! So from here on out Fridays are now going to be know as Five Things Fridays. I'll present you a list of Five Things. They may be things I am thinking about, or dreaming about or thankful for or just random, inane, useless knowledge about myself. Whatever the case maybe I'm fairly certain that it will be entertaining. I think highly of myself, like that. Without further ado, here is the first installation of Five Things Fridays!
Five Ways I Combat the Winter Blues:
- Head to the gym. Nothing like a little sweat to make the day seem a little brighter. Or if I'm feeling particularly lazy I just spend some time in the sauna, then take a shower. I'm flexible like that.
- Dance in a Patch of Sunlight. The little lady and I often crank up Pandora and dance the afternoon away in the kitchen. This is particularly fun while I'm cooking dinner.
- Take some Vitamin D. Chances are if you live in the Northern Half of the World and it's winter time you are a least a little bit deficient. I'm not a Dr. but a little extra Vitamin D never hurt anybody.
- Make Dinner with a Friend. It's hard enough to convince me to leave the house at night this time of year, it's even more difficult if you tell me that I have to change out of my jeans and sweater. But at a friends house you can rock the jeans, share a glass of wine and kick out some mean comfort food like Creamy Tomato Soup and Grilled Cheese.
- Take a hike. Or at least a walk around the block. The sun is fleeting and the rays weak, but if you bundle up good a quick jaunt around the block is possible. The extra sunshine, the fresh air, it will do you good. Take some nice deep breaths, close your eyes and pretend you're on your way to get an ice cream cone. Too soon? Well, hopefully in the next few weeks!