Hello good peeps! It's currently 79 degrees in sunny Minneapolis and I think it's high time I shared my favorite summer drinks with you. Whether you are chilling on a patio, sipping around a campfire or simply sitting in front of your A/C, here are five tasty, cool, refreshing drinks for your pleasure. What about you? What do you imbibe in the summer?
- Moscow Mule: I had this for the first time at the beginning of summer and it is just about perfect. Ginger beer (not ginger ale), vodka and lime come together to form the most refreshing drink you can have on a patio. Sweet, spicy, with a nice little kick.
- Surly's Cynic Ale: A light colored ale with a nice kick at the end. I could drink pints and pints of this brew. It's the ideal beer for a back yard BBQ.
- Arnold Palmer: Part tart lemonade, part sweet iced tea. Love this combination in the summer time, especially in the afternoons! Nothing like a little caffeine kick to get you through the rest of a muggy day.
- Starbucks Iced Coffee with Milk: Not Caribou, not Dunn Bros or the coffee house down the block. For my every other coffee needs I'll go there, but iced coffee? This is my favorite, my drink of choice in the summer mornings. These remind me of sitting on the patio in China; grading papers and watching the world go by.
- San Pellegrino Limonata: Hands down my favorite soda (well, except for Diet Coke...) Effervescent, tart, bubbly and to me, it tastes just like summer. The Mr.'s work carries it in their communal fridge and I often ask him to swipe me one on the way home from work. Delicious.
Happy weekend everyone!