I just spent the last six days at a cabin in the northern part of Minnesota, on a lake, with my in-laws. I'm not really sure what end is up, what food I have in my fridge or where dinner is coming from. Also, on a side note, why does my house always smell a little funky after being gone a few days? Does it always smell that way? But I digress. Here is my Five Things Friday list for this week, a look at five things that are perfectly acceptable to do on vacation; but are not advisable for the other weeks in your year. Happy Friday everyone!
- Opening a beer anytime before noon. Generally not advisable if you work outside the home, or if you are the primary caregiver to a small child. After noon; 12:00 and one second, however, are all acceptable times to crack one open, if you want my opinion.
- Wearing your swimsuit from sunrise to sunset. I would say that most days I would find it a little bit ranky to be wearing your suit all day, but there is something deliciously vacationingy about eating breakfast and dinner in a swim suit.
- Your only thoughts are, "When do we eat again?" Really, for me, there is nothing better than vacation eating. Splurging, just a little bit, on the foods that you don't normally eat or take the time to make. Like this trifle, or these almonds, or eating all of your meals grilled. Yum.
- Forgetting what day it is. No really, I had to think about it for about five minutes until I realized I could do a Five Things Friday post today. I had no idea where I was in my week. Ah, isn't that the best feeling? Forget about asking me what the date is!
- Magazines! I hardly have the time most days/weeks to read magazines and thus have stopped all my subscriptions. However, whenever I fly or am vacationing I indulge and buy a few 'zines. Man, I love vacation!
What kinds of things do you do on vacation?