Happy Friday everyone! It's been a rainy, wet week around these parts, and although that is good for making us stay home to potty train, it does nothing to improve our cabin fever. The weekend is supposed to be a bit nicer, but cloudy. As long as it's not raining I'll be happy.
I have never been a person to have rituals or routines or even a set way of doing something. Or so I thought. After my morning "non-routine" got went all kiddywampus this morning that I not only have a routine, if that routine heads south I am one crabby customer. I won't go into the details of the derailment this morning, but I will say that by 7AM, the Little Lady was in the bathtub. So in an effort to recognize my own routine during the day I decided to write down what I thought was my first, necessary five steps that I do every morning.
- Put on my glasses and a pair of yoga pants. Seriously, if I don't have any clean and have to get dressed, the morning is off to a rough start.
- Pour a glass of milk and make the LL breakfast. If I even think of making myself something first her routine and day get off to a bad start. Oh, the things you do when you're a mother.
- Finally, make coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
- Turn on the laptop. Run interference so the Mr. doesn't steal said laptop to read the NYT. Settle in with the laptop and catch up on the world.
- Pour enough creamer in my mug to make my coffee carmel colored. Proceed to inhale the sweet, sweet perfume of caffeine. Nothing better than that first sip.
- Open my eyes.
Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have fantastic, fun filled weekends.
Say, how do you like the new layout?