If this list was "Five Things I'm Good At", procrastination would be at the top. Making lists would also be up there, but that's because I enjoy planning everything out, only to procrastinate following it through. I never said that I was normal. So here it is, the top five things that I love to procrastinate on. I don't have an explanation as to why; it's just the way I am.
- The Laundry. Have we covered this topic extensively enough? Yes? Alright, let's move on.
- Leaving the House. This one mystifies me. The Little Lady and I love to leave the house, I'd put it up there as one of our favorite pastimes. However, I'm almost always running late. I think, "I can just read one more blog or do a load of dishes." Heh, wrong. I always underestimate how long it takes us to get out of the house and to our destination.
- Deadlines. I work my best at the end of a deadline. Papers turned in at 11:59 PM, the day they are due. Tickets paid right before a Warrant is issued. I like to leave things until the very last minute. Just in case I decide to change my mind.
- Buying Gifts. I have the best intentions. I love to pour over gift guides, planning the perfect gift. When I find something I tell myself that the occasion is too far away, I'll just buy it later. And then never do. Or forget. Not cool.
- Getting oil changes. I am very aware how many miles my car has on it. I also know when I'm due for my next oil change. (Ok, when my car is due, I try to refrain from getting my oil changed.) However, the time comes and passes and it's like pulling teeth to get me to go into the garage. Strange. I always have to apologize to the mechanic, and then to my car, for not keeping her up like I should.