After a tough week there's nothing I look forward to more than the weekend. The weekend means that I have back up, some free time and more importantly, time to spend bonding with the family. After the Mr. and I had the little lady we realized the need to get out and about as often as possible. Thing is, kids can be expensive. However, if you get a little more creatively you don't have to spend much more than a couple of bucks per outing. So for this Fridays Five Things post I'm going to give you some things that you can do this weekend, on the cheap!
- The library. This is a great place to head to on the weekend. You don't even have to check anything out, just sit and peruse the selection! Did you know that you can also borrow DVDs and CDs from the library? And audio books too? The library is a great resource and place to spend some time.
- Explore a new part of your town. If you live in a city chances are you spend quite a bit of time in your own neighborhood. You know the best place to get a cup ' joe, buy your friend a b-day present or grab brunch. Try hunting out a new neighborhood, you new know what gems you will find!
- Go for a walk at the mall, before it opens. If you have kids, this is perfect for you. Kids get up early and generally it's hard to find something to do with them until the rest of the world gets up. Most malls open early for walkers. This is the perfect location to let the kids run free, before the temptation to buy hits or the throngs head down the halls.
- Ride Public Transit. Take the bus from one end of the line to the other. Take it to another part of town and then make your way back, stopping at any intersection the looks interesting. Or if you have to pee. Peeing on public transit is generally discouraged.
- Take out your camera. Most of us have at least one camera laying around, and bemoan the fact that it never gets used. Change that this weekend! Take out your camera and document your weekend. Take some candid shots of yourself, your friends, that hottie that just passed you on the sidewalk. If portraits aren't your thing, go around shooting the unique architecture in your town or neighborhood. You never know what you'll find to take photos of!
Happy Friday y'all!
Enjoy your weekend.