02 November 2009

Daylight Savings


I am seriously not a fan of Daylight Savings Time.

Even less now that I am a mom than I was before. Living in the upper portion of the US, Daylight Savings time means that at 5:00pm tonight it will be dark. Like dark, dark. Like, I don't want to leave the house and it's freaking cold dark. Not only that but I have to go around the house and find all of our clocks and inevitably I forget one and that is the ONE clock that I look at when I'm running late and now think that I have an extra hour. Suck. (Note, this story happened to me this morning. Stupid oven clock, why do I always forget to change you?)

Not to mention that sleep patterns are greatly messed up. Poor LN was so tired last night. At 7:00 her body thought it was 8:00, an hour past her bed time. Then this morning she was up at 6:00. Way too early for the Mr. and I but perfectly normal for her. She should be adjusted by the week end, but it's a rough couple of days until she does. The Mr. and I sleep patterns are wonky too. We stayed up last night watching the end of Season Two of True Blood and although we thought we were being good and going to bed at 11, it was 'really' 12. Ugh. Six hours are not enough when you chase after a toddler all day.

Where is this rant going? Nowhere really. I am just trying to work through my Seasonal Affective Disorder and ranting and raving seems to make me feel a little better. So lucky you! You will have approximately five more months while I try and deal with no sun and less warmth. Although I'm happy that we do have heat. Unlike our apartment in China. But that's a story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails