Skip to main content

Confession #1


I don't fold and put away my clothes.

Really, you'd think by the time I graduated from college, got married, bought a house and had a kid that I would be able to take care of myself. But no, there are still a number of things that I can't seem to get the hang of.

Like laundry.

Well, that's not true. I actually don't mind doing laundry. Washing and drying clothes is no big deal. (Let's not point out that a machine takes care all of it...shall we?) Even un-organized me has a day that I do laundry. Monday. Now granted, it is Tuesday and the first load went in about twenty minutes ago, but hey, I did bring it downstairs yesterday!

The washing machine does it's job, the dryer theirs.

So the laundry is done, it's been brought upstairs and I pile it on the bed in a overly idealistic display of domesticity; where it sits all day until the guy goes to bed and pushes it onto the floor. Now, if it's started out to be a good day, the pile will end up on the bed again. It could happen, right? Ha. Well if it's a normal day, the pile sits there and gets picked through and wrinkled and strewn all over the room until it all ends up in the laundry basket to start all over again.

Don't even ask me about those other piles you see. We'll get to those another day.

So what's the solution? If we won the lottery we'd just put the laundry room in our closet (it's really that big) and that way the piles would still be there...but at least we wouldn't have to see them. Or I'd start actually hanging my clothes. Heh, well one could hope. Maybe all I need is a better way to organize our clothes. Right now the guy and I share one dresser. That's right, we share one three and a half drawer dresser and often times the drawers get stuck because our sh*t is hanging out. What is in the closet you ask? Don't ask me, I haven't been in there in months. Hmm, maybe I should invest in some shelves so I would have a place to put the clothes away. That would be nice.

Oh, and a machine that folds.

Advice for MP?
What's my laundry solution?

Comments

  1. LOL. Careful what you wish for Debbie... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I can empathize. My dryer is full and I am in no mood to fold. Ultimately I cannot stress just how wonderful a washer and dryer would be on the floor with the bedrooms. It is a dream (when did my dreams become so housewifey?), but one that I will hang on to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i need someone to do the whole shabang for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My least favorite chore is laundry -- the putting it away part. The one thing I've been doing lately that is a STEP is that I empty the dryer in a timely fashion and take each thing out one by one and stack the shirts up (not folded, just laid flat) so at least they aren't getting all wrinkled in the basket. As for actually folding it/hanging things up, well, that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd find a way to convince your husband that it's worth his while to fold and put the laundry away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As MP knows, I'm an ironing freak! Everything comes out of my dryer wrinkled anyway so I have to iron before folding/hanging. I really should start my own business :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. a maid. We have two house helpers and it is so nice to come home to a house that's clean, picked up, clothes washed, ironed and hung, plus food in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Home for Sale, Cheap

Nap time is usually reserved for a mash up of cleaning, organizing, eating, blogging, surfing the web and trying to relax as much as possible before the Little Lady wakes up.  With our house going on the market tomorrow my house is the cleanest it has ever been.  Literally.  I feel like we're living in a model home.  Kind of like Michael and George Michael Bluth from Arrested Development .  It's equal parts nice and annoying.  Nice having a super clean home and annoying that I have to keep it show ready all.the.time. The best part of having a show ready house?  I have nothing more to do during nap time than blog, eat and watch Angel .  Because bad TV at nap time is the best way to relax.  Well, maybe just if you're living in a model home.

Lady in the Sky, With Broccoli

We've had a whirlwind, chaotic, hectic, exciting week.  It was a week of fixes, car naps, quick meals and heat.  Oh, the heat!  I finally feel like today we had the chance to tone things down and take a breath.  The Little Lady and I were left to our devices for the evening while the Mr. took a much deserved night off.  We had a light dinner and then went outside for our favorite pre-bed activity, Bubble Chasing.  (Well, she chases, I blow).  The following conversation ensued. Laying in the grass: MP: Hey LL, look at all those clouds! LL:  Yeah mom, clouds. MP:  What do you see up there?  I see bunny ears! LL:  They just puffy mama. MP: (Humph, this might not work...) LL:  Mama, I see Lady! MP: (Getting excited)  That's great, what's she doing? LL:  Lady in Sky, with Broccoli.  I like Broccoli! MP: Well, yes, it does look like broccoli.  What else do you see? LL:  Poop in a glass.  Hahaha, mama, poop in a glass! And here ends what could have been a touching,

Five Things Friday- Summer Drinks

Hello good peeps!  It's currently 79 degrees in sunny Minneapolis and I think it's high time I shared my favorite summer drinks with you.  Whether you are chilling on a patio, sipping around a campfire or simply sitting in front of your A/C, here are five tasty, cool, refreshing drinks for your  pleasure.  What about you?  What do you imbibe in the summer? Moscow Mule :  I had this for the first time at the beginning of summer and it is just about perfect.  Ginger beer (not ginger ale), vodka and lime come together to form the most refreshing drink you can have on a patio.  Sweet, spicy, with a nice little kick. Surly's Cynic Ale :  A light colored ale with a nice kick at the end.  I could drink pints and pints of this brew.  It's the ideal beer for a back yard BBQ. Arnold Palmer :  Part tart lemonade, part sweet iced tea.  Love this combination in the summer time, especially in the afternoons!  Nothing like a little caffeine kick to get you through the rest of a