Skip to main content

Five Things I Can't Leave The House Without- August

Here's a list of the five items I have in my possession at all times, at least for this week. The list is bound to change.

1.) Cell Phone:
It's not fancy and I hate to text, but I've been known to drive backwards great lengths to retrieve my cell phone. I have two fears regarding this: I'll fall down the stairs and break both legs and won't be able to call for help, I lock Little Nib in the car/house with the keys and she's screaming to be let out.

2.) Munchkin Snack Catcher:
Not to be confused with the Snack Trap. Whoever invented this gadget is a genius. Let's kids eat snacks without spilling them all over. Usually filled with some kind of raisin, goldfish, pretzel goodness. Pure awesome.

3.) Lipgloss:
I have one in my purse and one in my car at all times. For those mornings when I forget to look in the mirror before I leave the house, at least I can look somewhat put together.

4.) Blog Notebook:
Dear Big Cheese bought me a special notebook with a world map on the cover when I decided to start this blog. Now I don't go anywhere without it. You may have seen me at the side of the road hastily jotting down post ideas...my memory ain't what it used to be.

And finally...

5.) Water Bottle/Sippy Cup:
I never leave the house without my water bottle. And I certainly never leave the house without a sippy cup for Little Nib, been there done that and it was not pretty. Who does not need extra hydration?

What things are always on your person?

Comments

  1. you hate to text? oh miss. I never knew!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do it because I live in the 21st Century and don't want to feel 'old'. But really? I'd rather just call you up or send you an email. I think it's because I'm lazy and talk to much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mary, I'm so excited you have blog! I remember once that I was going to ask you if you had one because for some reason I could just see you having one. :) I started ours after the new year and have become pretty obssesed with the blog world since...it's fun! :) Actually I started it because I failed miserably at scrap booking, baby books and all that good stuff so it's original main purpose was to make up for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laura! I didn't know you blogged! Thanks for stopping by here, I'll have to check out your blog soon. I have a few friends that blog and they seemed to really get a lot out of it, so I thought I'd try my hand at it. So far, so good!

    You and your family are so beautiful! I'm happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Confession #1

I don't fold and put away my clothes. Really, you'd think by the time I graduated from college, got married, bought a house and had a kid that I would be able to take care of myself. But no, there are still a number of things that I can't seem to get the hang of. Like laundry. Well, that's not true. I actually don't mind doing laundry. Washing and drying clothes is no big deal. (Let's not point out that a machine takes care all of it...shall we?) Even un-organized me has a day that I do laundry. Monday. Now granted, it is Tuesday and the first load went in about twenty minutes ago, but hey, I did bring it downstairs yesterday! The washing machine does it's job, the dryer theirs. So the laundry is done, it's been brought upstairs and I pile it on the bed in a overly idealistic display of domesticity; where it sits all day until the guy goes to bed and pushes it onto the floor. Now, if it's started out to be a good day, the pile will end up o

Five Things Friday- Summer Drinks

Hello good peeps!  It's currently 79 degrees in sunny Minneapolis and I think it's high time I shared my favorite summer drinks with you.  Whether you are chilling on a patio, sipping around a campfire or simply sitting in front of your A/C, here are five tasty, cool, refreshing drinks for your  pleasure.  What about you?  What do you imbibe in the summer? Moscow Mule :  I had this for the first time at the beginning of summer and it is just about perfect.  Ginger beer (not ginger ale), vodka and lime come together to form the most refreshing drink you can have on a patio.  Sweet, spicy, with a nice little kick. Surly's Cynic Ale :  A light colored ale with a nice kick at the end.  I could drink pints and pints of this brew.  It's the ideal beer for a back yard BBQ. Arnold Palmer :  Part tart lemonade, part sweet iced tea.  Love this combination in the summer time, especially in the afternoons!  Nothing like a little caffeine kick to get you through the rest of a

Home for Sale, Cheap

Nap time is usually reserved for a mash up of cleaning, organizing, eating, blogging, surfing the web and trying to relax as much as possible before the Little Lady wakes up.  With our house going on the market tomorrow my house is the cleanest it has ever been.  Literally.  I feel like we're living in a model home.  Kind of like Michael and George Michael Bluth from Arrested Development .  It's equal parts nice and annoying.  Nice having a super clean home and annoying that I have to keep it show ready all.the.time. The best part of having a show ready house?  I have nothing more to do during nap time than blog, eat and watch Angel .  Because bad TV at nap time is the best way to relax.  Well, maybe just if you're living in a model home.